I am developing a system that has "groups" and want to make them
accesible via user-friendly urls such as

www.mysite.com/group/GROUPNAME

On a web page, I have a list of groups which are all links to their
group pages, such as:
www.mysite.com/group/groupA
www.mysite.com/group/groupB

This is implemented as such:
PageParameters parameters = new PageParameters();
parameters.put("groupName", aGroup.getName());
add(new BookmarkablePageLink("groupName", GroupHomePage.class, parameters));

and also mounting a BookmarkablePage in my Wicket Application
mountBookmarkablePage("/groups", GroupHomePage.class);

and in my GroupHomePage class, I have:
public GroupHomePage (final PageParameters parameters) {

        String groupName = parameters.getString("groupName");
        int groupId = GroupDAO.getGroupId(groupName);
}

So as you can see, I basically retrieve the groupName and go fetch the
groupId from the database.
I already know the groupId from the page I was coming from so there is
no need to go back to the databse.

How can I pass this groupId parameter to GroupHomePage without
compromising the user-friendly links such as
www.mysite.com/group/groupName?
Thanks.