What exactly causes the page to be stateful when urlFor(Component,
Interface) is invoked?

I would like to make only minimal changes compared to original wicket
ajax handling and would really like to reuse as much as possible of
wicket ajax handling (e.g. adding components to be updated to the
AjaxRequestTarget).

Do you think it would be possible to create a Behavior that uses a
callback url which links to a (stateless) page with page parameters.
This page provides a constructor taking parameters and sets an
AjaxRequestTarget on the RequestCycle. It creates and adds all
components which shall be changed to the target.

What do you think? Can you imagine other ways of being as close as
possible to wicket?

Thanx && cheers,
Martin