Hi Jan,

the Session (org.apache.wicket.Session) implements Serializable. So I think that wicket is also serializing the session object as other webapps do. In this case you've got to serialize the connection. I don't think that's easy/possible to seralize a database connection. I would go another approach which uses the session only as a information-container and get those needed information from the database in the page-lifecycle. That keeps the session-object small (which is also an aspect).

just my 5 cent... :)

Marc

Jan Torben Heuer schrieb:
Hi,

I'm a Wicket and Guice beginner. I successfully managed Guice to Inject my dependency into a WebPage. Can Guice also inject the dependency into an AuthenticatedWebSession? I'd need a reference to my database in the #authenticate(String, String) method.

Jan