Hi,

Is there any project which has Wicket And Google Gears Integration?
Wicket has really done a lot of us in speeding up development time. Coming
from a struts we saw the power of Wicket in terms its reusability and i've
noticed that
wicket already did most of the tasks that we would have to manually do using
struts application, like session timeouts, redirects, etc....

 One of our main concerns however are that clients
are asking for our applications to be available even if the network is down
or if the central server is down..
Currently we implemented our applications in a distributed fashion wherein
every branch ( Remote Location)  has its own server.
However, this has implications of cost and administration issues.
However, if offline mode is enabled we can just begin syncing right.

I think that Wicket WIth Google Gears Application will make it even better .

I think this is really a plus when it comes to marketing it to customers.
Most of the applications that we create our banking applications and any
downtime is costing our clients.

Hopefully we can also do this to offload the central servers and to put
processing into client machines.

One large problem I see though is that most code wil have to be moved to the
Browser Layer.
I'm thinking of how to create a wicket application which is mostly run by
java classes work on the client side.
Looks as if there will be a lot of code changes...
I'm not really sure if it would be a totally different programming model.

Anyone out there tried to integrate Gears And Wicket

Carlo