under wicketstuff for 1.2 I found the little project "wicket-contrib-navmenu".
I started to update it for Wicket 1.4-rc2.

Does this make sense or is there a better way to create hierarchy-like menues?
Eelco?
I know there is a TabbedPanel component.
But I somehow feel strange to implement my whole application's pages as
Panels...

So what is the best way to create the navigation for a big application
having an upper tab-navigation and a corresponding hierarchical tree-navigation
on the left...

Wicket in Action did not address proper menu creation... ;-)