Another extremely light weight IoC with ORM wrapping (JDO and Hibernate)
is exPOJO at http://www.expojo.com

No need for old fashioned DAOs etc., just POJOs being persisted
transparently the way they should be.

In terms of serialization:

Is that for the purpose of scaling in a cluster environment? I vote for
'session affinity' every time - it's almost necessary when you have
anything more sophisticated than an anemic domain model. Do you really
want to be shifting complex object models from server to server via
serialization?

If it's not for a cluster environment but for a single server to allow
stale sessions to be swapped out then let the garbage collection clean
out the ORM's object cache instead.

<kent.lars...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Nice! I think Salve looks great! And it solves more than this
problem,
> > I like the design by contract module too as it allows me to validate
> > parameters in a bit more declarative way.
> >
> > Do you think Salve is ready to be used in production? I'm a bit
> > concerned by "Although already usable, Salve is still in its
infancy.
> > Not all features have been implemented and not all problems worked
> > out.". I only see one open issue and it doesn't seem too major for
me
> > to pick it up.
>
> we have been using it in production for a while without any problems.
> i just need to find the time to update the website text :)
>
> > If I'm not mistaken Salve may be used (for lots of things, but one
is)
> > to solve serialization issues with Spring beans in Wicket
components?
> > But isn't that the same issue that the Wicket IOC and it's
@SpringBean
> > annotation solves?
>
> wicket ioc can only take it so far. because it has to generate a proxy
> there are limitations to what classes can be proxies - eg no final
> methods, default constructor, etc. salve doesnt use a proxy so it
> doesnt have any problems.
>
> although small, wicket ioc does have an overhead of having to
> serialize the proxy with the componnet. since salve removes the field
> it has no such overhead, this is more important when you are returning
> large resultsets of entities that use dependencies.
>
> > If that's the case: Could I use Spring to inject my entities with
> > DAO's for now, and use the @SpringBean annotation on those as well
in
> > my Wicket components (In those cases I have entities as class vars)?
> > And the @SpringBean will solve the serialization issue?
>
> you can use whatever works for you. salve is an alternative :)
>
> > By just looking at Salve a bit it seems I could migrate to Salve in
> > two steps that way. And it might be a pretty smooth path to take? It
> > would mean that I inject 1000 entities for no good reason. But if I
> > see a performance problem in doing so I could just migrate to Salve?
> > By smooth path I mean that I would have access to my DAO's in my
> > entities and would essentially only change the dependency
annotations
> > and setup Salve.
>
> as long as you do not use spring-specific injection rules you should
> be fine. salve uses lookup by type primarily, but also does have
> @SpringBeanId that can be used as a qualifier.
>

> > Of course, if Salve is production ready. Then could I throw out
Wicket

<igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>

<kent.lars...@gmail.com>

Hibernate