Why not just have each page be able to report the section it belongs to ( e.g. getSection() method ). The section navbar component can then simply call that method on it's page and update the bar accordingly.

Ben Hutchison wrote:
We need to build a Nav Bar that tracks & visually indicates what "section" of the site the user is in:

- 5 section links across the top of the site which go to section entry pages, eg Buyers, Sellers, Knowledge Base, Forum etc - All pages in the site live in a section, but there are more than 1 pages in each section
- The nav bar should show what section the current page is in.
- Some links take the user to a page in another section. In this case, the nav bar should update when the page change occurs.

This problem requires a mapping from Page => Section. So far, I haven't found anything preexisting in Wicket that handles this use-case or mapping. Any suggestions for something I could re-use, or examples, appreciated.

Thanks
Ben

PS Thank you also for the responses to my recent question on context-sensitive authorization, v useful.