What is this 'conversation' all about?

It doesn't seem to be a known concept in any GUI guideline I know (e.g.
Apple's Human Interface Guidelines). Neither does wikipedia list it under
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUI_widget.

This is what wikipedia is saying about Seam's conversation: 'The default
Seam context is conversation which can span multiple pages and usually spans
the whole business flow, from start to finish.'
This seems to describe a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_(software) .

IMHO 'conversation' is a buzzword invented for those who still think a web
UI consists of a sequence of HTML pages only.
Back in 2000 the same guys invented 'mvc-2' and told us that a UI can be
built on actions only.

Just my rant (worth 2 cents or less).

Back to Wicket and wizards:
For a wizard I'd suggest to use a single Wicket page, replacing components
as you step through it.
Note that Wicket extensions provide a wizard component, but you can easily
roll your own implementation.

Sven