I had the same issue with IE in a ModalWindow containing a form which will immediately destroy the modal window :-(

Am 25.06.2009 um 08:34 schrieb John Patterson:

Actually, I have just found that hitting return in the text field fires the AjaxButton in Safari but in IE6 the form is submitted and the url changed i.e. not ajax. I guess Safari finds the first submit button and invokes
submit() whereas IE seems to bypass the handler.

I could write some script to capture the enter key and... do something.

But is there an easy out of the box way?

John Patterson wrote:

Thanks, I can see now that the presence of the AjaxButton intercepts the
form submit and does exactly what I need.

vineet semwal wrote:

you can use AjaxButton,AjaxFallbackButton,IndicatingAjaxButton.