yes it do has.

near line 1095 of modal.js:

Wicket.Window.getMarkup = function(idWindow, idClassElement, idCaption,
idContent, idTop, idTopLeft, idTopRight, idLeft, idRight, idBottomLeft,
idBottomRight, idBottom, idCaptionText, isFrame) {
        var s =
                        "<div class=\"wicket-modal\" id=\""+idWindow+"\"
style=\"top: 10px; left:
10px; width: 100px;\"><form
style='background-color:transparent;padding:0px;margin:0px;border-width:0px;position:static'>"+
                        "<div id=\""+idClassElement+"\">"+

And it seems hacky and buggy.

In our case we would use regular submit for FileUploadField instead of ajax
if it wasn't hardcoded. Now we need to hack ModalWindow some way. I don't
like iframe approach 'cause it forces user to submit twice and regular
submit should have worked.

If you don't know this very hardcoded form leads to problem reflecting
request parameters to form components models because in java we have a stack
of forms and submit request contains just data of this particular form. As
the result form components of enclosing forms receive empty data and then
... at least unexpected validation problems.
There has been a jira issue already that contains workaround description. I
have to go right now. I'll find it later.