On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:10:57 +0200, Per Lundholm wrote:

> Well, plug-ins, are they compile-time or run-time?  Sounds like
> compile-time from your description.

Runtime I think if I understand you correctly. Suppose a sys admin has
already deployed the war file for the core application and wants to add
some functions.

> Also, from your description, it sounds that it is more than web-tier.
> Remember Wicket is web-tier only.
>
> There are solutions for the server tier for plug-ins. Look att OSGi
> http://www.osgi.org and ESB.

It could well be more than web-tier, but I thought if anyone has done
this is would be a Wicket user :-) I looked at OSGi before I started my
framework. I didn't see anything about deployment of add-ons/plug-ins. I
already have a framework that incorporates IoC as a fundamental feature.
Its the actual deployment of add-on functionality that interests me. ESB
on first glance looks way too complicated, and I'm not sure it even does
what I want.