It might give you a very slight edge to use a singleton as you (or the
annotation processor in this case) don't have to introspect and work
through a proxy. If you're not bothered by singletons (I, for one
typically are): go for it. However, keep that famous 'premature
optimization is the root of all evil' in mind; 99.9% chance you're
optimizing something that will never ever become a bottleneck.

Eelco