On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Martijn
Dashorst<martijn.dasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We create a branch of off trunk for future maintenance of wicket 1.4,
> not from a release branch.
>
> wicket/branches/wicket-1.3.x  -> created from wicket/trunk when we
> moved 1.3 to maintenance mode
> wicket/branches/wicket-1.4.x -> will be created from wicket/trunk when
> we move 1.4 to mainenance mode
>
> wicket/releases/wicket-1.4.1 -> will be created from wicket/trunk if
> we haven't created branches/wicket-1.4.x yet, or else from
> branches/wicket-1.4.x
>
> Sorry, but this has been the way we have done things since the dawn of
> the project. Just because you think it is not correct, doesn't
> invalidate how *we* do things.

Correct.  Projects do have some leeway, but it is important to be able
to re-create the release as it was.  With your strategy, you have no
idea (without some SVN version magic) how to re-create it if you're
checking code into the SVN URL that is used to create the release.
The SCM URL in your released pom points to:

scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/releases/wicket-1.4.0

Which is MUTABLE with your strategy!  You don't see a problem with
that?!?!?!  The SCM URL for releases should point to a tag (which
nobody is supposed to modify), not a branch.