this was meant as an example for you and can work under 1.3.6 as well as 1.4.

look at the source to see what it does, you would use it like so:

new refreshingview() { protected item newItem(..) { return new
oddevenitem(...); }}

btw 1.4.0 is out.

-igor

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:56 PM, arungupta<arun.gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been using 1.3.6 but let me try 1.4 rc build and see where it takes me.
>
> Is there an example that shows how it can be used in the above context ?
>
> -Arun
>

> igor.vaynberg wrote:
>>
>> see
>>
>> org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.OddEvenItem
>>
>> for a cleaner, simpler way to do this
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Arun Gupta<arun.gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Trying to provide different color to alternate rows by following the
>>> recommendation at:
>>>
>>> http://devinvenable.blogspot.com/2007/10/wicket-and-html-style-attributes.html
>>>
>>> The source code is available at:
>>>
>>> http://kenai.com/projects/runner/sources/subversion/content/wicket/runner/src/main/java/org/example/runner/runlog/RunlogPage.java?rev=118
>>>
>>> Adding the following code:
>>>
>>> item.add(new AttributeModifier("class", new PropertyModel(this,
>>> runlog.getId() % 2 == 0 ? "list-line-odd" : "list-line-event")));
>>>
>>> at line 104 or 134 gives the following error:
>>>
>>> -- cut here --
>>> WicketMessage: No get method defined for class: class
>>> org.example.runner.runlog.RunlogPage$2 expression: list-line-odd
>>>
>>> Root cause:
>>>
>>> org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: No get method defined for
>>> class: class org.example.runner.runlog.RunlogPage$2 expression:
>>> list-line-odd
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getGetAndSetter(PropertyResolver.java:440)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.PropertyResolver.getObjectAndGetSetter(PropertyResolver.java:282)
>>> at