I'd like to second Maartens point. Identical releases to Wicket itself would mean that it always depends on Wicket. Independent releases would not be possible. Bugs could not be fixed and new features could not be added without a new Wicket release. This doesn't really make sense to me.

Reinhard

Jeremy Thomerson schrieb:
Now that Wicket 1.4.0 is out, I wonder which wicketstuff core version is
compatible. There is no 1.4.0 version of wicketstuff core (yet?). Should I
use 1.4-rc8-SNAPSHOT?

It should be just 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  1.4-rc8-SNAPSHOT was an accidental
relic of after I built rc8

Side note:  I don't see the version of wicket-stuff has to match exactly
with version of wicket ?
Suppose someone releases wicketstuff-core-1.4.0 today, and tomorrow some
bugs are fixed in wicketstuff-core, then we can't release these bug-fixes
until wicket 1.4.1 is out ?

IMO, wicket is just a dependency of wicketstuff-code (as defoined in the
pom) and both projects should use their own unrelated version numbers.

wdyt ?

When I setup wicketstuff-core, I proposed that we structure it to have
identical releases to Wicket.  The community agreed.  I still think
this should be the case.
--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com