You can solve this using CSS. Read up on CSS rule specificity.

Suppose your component has a rule like this:

  span.foo { color: red; }

If you want to override that with a rule that comes before it, you can
use !important like this:

  span.foo { color: red !important; }

But IMHO this is overkill. A more flexible way is to increase the
*specificity* of the earlier rule. Generally, this means to add more
terms to the rule:

  html span.foo { color: red; }

CSS considers this more specific than span.foo {...} so it gives it
higher priority, even if span.foo {...} comes later.

jk