> But it will be the portlet class the responsible for handling
> processing. So the only way to pass information from the onClick
> function to the
> portlet application for rendering (for example) is using the portlet
> session.

But why would you want to go via the Application? The WicketPortlet is mostly
just the "front controller" responsible for mapping between the "portlet world"
and the "Wicket world": Either use a custom WebSession for the portlet app, or
pass the values you need in the PageParameters you send to the response page in
your onClick()/onSubmit(). This assumes the onClick() is for a link on a Page
that is part of the portlet application. Rendering is left to these Pages.

> I also saw that in the portlet example, the examples structure is
> initialized by the WicketExamplesMenuPortlet and sent to the
> WicketExamplesMenuApplication using the servlet context. But this will
> overbloat the servlet attributes storage space. Also this should be
> solved if webpages could access to the portlet class directly.
>
> Why to do this way?

The Examples portlet is a bit strange compared to how you would normally do
things it seems.

>         1.- Onclick: Put the Id on the session like above.
>         2.- Portlet.DoView: Recover id from session and store it in
>         shared render params.
>         3.- Delete it from session.
>

> Is this the correct way to do it?

You could try making "normal" PortletURLs instead of using Wicket Link
elements; use setProperty()/addProperty() to set the portlet parameter.
Presumably Wicket's Portlet API implementation will deal with the mapping just
as it does today with mapping to and from PageParameters.

- Tor Iver