Hi everybody!

I'm really new to wicket and it's concepts. I so far created a very simple page having some div containers and some static text. What I want to do now is to include a page header. What I tried is to use the wicket:extend and wicket:child tags to get thing working but with no success. I have my two pages Index and Header. Having some basic jsp experience I thought extending should work like <jsp:include>. When I try to get my header into the index page nothing is showing up.

Code of Index.html
<html> <head><title>some titlet</title>
       <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css"/>
</head>
   <body>
       <div id="page">
           <div id="header">
               <wicket:child/>
           </div>
[....]

Code of Header.html
<html>
   <head></head>
   <body>
   <wicket:extend>
       <div id="header">
           <h1>Header.html</h1>
       </div>
   </wicket:extend>
   </body>
</html>

Maybe I'm getting things totally wrong?

Another thing I wonder about is how does wicket know which page to include?

Thanks in advance!

Oliver


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to