Yes Wicket In Action is a great book, but there is an another book: Pro Wicket from Karthik Gurumurthy, which could be also helpful.

Peter

I realize you asked for freely available information sources, but you really
can't go wrong with Wicket in Action:
http://manning.com/dashorst/
It isn't that expensive at $45, and you get a PDF copy as well. You can also
skip the dead tree version and get just the PDF for $27.50. And I'm not just
saying this because Martijn is a co-worker, it really is an excellent book.
- Jeroen