a) use 1.1 jars - link to their maven repo is on the front page under news
b) salve is a bytecode instrumentor - that means you have to
instrument your classes. there are various ways to do it: eclipse/idea
plugin, maven plugin, jvm agent. how to set all this up is on the
salve wiki.
c) salve has its own mailing list - if your questions are salve
related please use that instead of polluting this list.

-igor