Yes, Wicket is semi-compatible.

   - I have some trouble when I want to UploadFile, becase it write to
   temporary file and GAE not allowed you to do that. It solve but you have to
   re-code the wicket so is not save to temporary file, but write to DataStore.
   - Another is I can't use TabbedPanel

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/b80648c126778ef5

Regards,
uudashr