Thanks for the replies, so I have to write my own Javascript...  no problem
I guess, was hoping for a "cleaner" way so to speak.

Any idea about disabling the postponing when the ajax channel is busy?
Specifically I have on my website an area where the user sends multiple
requests in very rapid succession. The way it is now all the requests
simultaneously? Right now the responses come with an awkward delay right
now. Any idea how to solve this elegantly?