Here's my output on a request. I'm no expert on reading these, but it looks
pretty clear to me that the OSIV filter ("open.hibernate.session.in.view")
is being hit before the Wicket filter ("wicket.careerconnect").

DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.mortbay.log - Got Session ID ofm3l3dawnb1
from cookie
// Here's the call to OSIV filter
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.mortbay.log - call filter
open.hibernate.session.in.view
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter - Using
SessionFactory 'sessionFactory' for OpenSessionInViewFilter
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory -
Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'sessionFactory'
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter - Opening
single Hibernate Session in OpenSessionInViewFilter
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils - Opening Hibernate
Session
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - opened session
at timestamp: 5127121449623552
// Here's the call to Wicket Filter
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.mortbay.log - call filter
wicket.careerconnect
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationManager -
Retrieved value [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.sessionhol...@835551]
for key [org.hibernate.impl.sessionfactoryi...@11739d] bound to thread
[btpool0-4 - /view-jobs]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager - Found
thread-bound Session [org.hibernate.impl.sessioni...@14af2c1] for Hibernate
transaction
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager - Using
transaction object
[org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.hibernatetransactionmanager$hibernatetransactionobj...@18762b1
]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager - Preparing
JDBC Connection of Hibernate Session [org.hibernate.impl.sessioni...@14af2c1
]
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - setting flush
mode to: AUTO
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction -
begin
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager - opening
JDBC connection
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction -
current autocommit status: true
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction -
disabling autocommit
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext - after
transaction begin
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager - Exposing
Hibernate transaction as JDBC transaction [jdbc:hsqldb:mem:mysticpaste-test,
UserName=SA, HSQL Database Engine Driver]
Bound value [org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.connectionhol...@20dc10]
for key [org.apache.commons.dbcp.basicdatasou...@1b289cd] to thread
[btpool0-4 - /view-jobs]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationManager -
Initializing transaction synchronization
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor - Getting
transaction for [edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.persistence.EntityDao.get]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils - Opening Hibernate
Session
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl - opened session
at timestamp: 5127121449623553
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils - Registering Spring
transaction synchronization for new Hibernate Session
Bound value [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.sessionhol...@14fceb7] for
key [org.hibernate.impl.sessionfactoryi...@1be6544] to thread [btpool0-4 -
/view-jobs]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationManager -
Retrieved value [org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.sessionhol...@14fceb7]
for key [org.hibernate.impl.sessionfactoryi...@1be6544] bound to thread
[btpool0-4 - /view-jobs]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate - Found thread-bound
Session for HibernateTemplate
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener - loading entity:
[edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.model.EmployerInfo#250]
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener - attempting to resolve:
[edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.model.EmployerInfo#250]
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener - object not resolved in
any cache: [edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.model.EmployerInfo#250]
TRACE btpool0-4 - /view-jobs
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister - Fetching entity:
[edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.model.EmployerInfo#250]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.loader.Loader - loading entity:
[edu.chemeketa.careerconnect.model.EmployerInfo#250]
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher - about to
open PreparedStatement (open PreparedStatements: 0, globally: 0)
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager - opening
JDBC connection
DEBUG btpool0-4 - /view-jobs org.hibernate.SQL - select
employerin0_.employer_account_id... // Rest of query here