Do you consider to use jsp for this project? They do the entire servlet
based on the tag name.(just kidding)
Make sure of remove the old standard EnclosureResolver and add your new one
on:

getApplication().getPageSettings().getComponentResolvers()

http://wicket.apache.org/docs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/settings/IPageSettings.html#getComponentResolvers%28%29

the list is componentResolvers list is modifiable.