I have created a form class which is used by a class extending
webpage. When I call the following method in the onSubmit method of
the form button I receive the model attached to another form page (=
requestFormModel) and not (= requestMessageFormModel).

Is there any restrictions/limitations using this method call :
this.getForm().getModelObject()

Here is the code of my RequestMessageForm()

public class RequestMessageForm extends Form {

    public RequestMessageForm(String name) {

        super(name, new CompoundPropertyModel(new RequestMessageFormModel()));

                // Add textFields
        add(textfieldRequestMessageId);
        add(textfieldFromDate);
        add(textfieldToDate);

        // Add drop down choice
        add(dropDownChoiceStatus);
        add(dropDownChoiceType);

                // Add buttons
                add(new Button("bSearchCriteriaRequestMessage") {
                        @Override
                        public void onSubmit() {
                                Log.info("Model received RM : " +
this.getForm().getModelObject()); // Here I receive the model
requestFormModel and not requestMessageFormModel
                                setResponsePage(new
RequestMessagePage((RequestMessageFormModel)
this.getForm().getModelObject()));
                        }
                });

    }

Remark : The class RequestMessageFormModel is a simple POJO extending
the class CommonFormModel (which is also a POJO). The class
RequestFormModel used by the other page extends CommonFormModel )

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer