I created a deteletButton as follows. I have a DeleteButton innerclass, and a method that adds this button to the panel that is shown in the table.

private class DeleteButton extends Button {

       public DeleteButton(final String id, final IModel<String> model) {
           super(id, model);
       }

       @Override
       public void onSubmit() {
           try {
deleteData((String) getModelObject()); // a method that does the actual data deletion in the database
           } catch (SQLException se) {
error(StringResources.SQLERROR_GET + '\n' + se.getMessage());
           } catch (IOException ie) {
               error(StringResources.IOERROR + '\n' + ie.getMessage());

       @Override
       public boolean isEnabled() {
           return isEditingAuthorised();

private void addDeleteLink(final IModel<?> model) {
String id = (String)getIdFromModel(model); // a method that extracts the id from the model (based on what kind of class is in the model) Button deleteButton = new DeleteButton("delete", new Model<String>(id)); deleteButton.add(new Image("deleteIcon", new ResourceReference(EmptyIconReference.class, "list-remove.png"))); deleteButton.add(new SimpleAttributeModifier("onclick", "return confirm('Are you sure?');"));
           add(deleteButton);
       }

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

Peter Arnulf Lustig wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to create a delete link where you can delete a row in a datagrid. But when you
click on the delete link, the delete label should change and a warning occurs: "Do
you really want to delete xyz".
After the second click it finally deletes the content.

How can I achieve that? Could you verbalize the procedure?

Thanks!!