On 1 Oct 2009, at 17:06, Pedro Santos wrote:

The cookie used to keep session information. When you use link to access the form page, you are sending the session cookie stored on browser back to
server, that now can to know with what session he has to work.

"Creates a cookie, a small amount of information sent by a servlet to a Web browser, saved by the browser, and later sent back to the server. A cookie's
value can uniquely identify a client, so cookies are commonly used for
session management. "
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/Cookie.html

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos

Sure, I'm aware of how cookies work but there shouldn't be a difference, in terms of whether a cookie is sent, from clicking a link to typing in a url. So long as the domain matches that of the cookie it will be sent every request.

So I'm not sure of the difference between accessing the page directly, or accessing the page through a link. My session should be retrieved on each request. This is what I'm not understanding I feel.

--

Stephen Nelson