I have overwritten the newSession Method:

public class Application extends WebApplication {

    @Override
    protected void init() {
        super.init();
        getSecuritySettings().setAuthorizationStrategy(new
AdministratorLoginSimplePageAuthStrategy(LoginPage.class));
    }

    @Override
    public org.apache.wicket.Session newSession(Request request, Response
response) {
        return super.newSession(request, response);
    }

    @Override
    public Class<? extends Page> getHomePage() {
        return Backend.class;

Is this what you mean?