I have a DataView that I add to the ajax target on a timer, so that
data can be refreshed as loaded by a background process.

If the user is view the data and scrolls down, the scroll bar is reset
to the top when the timer refreshes the view.

The only solution I can come up with is to set scroll top using
javascript.

I am curious if there is a way to retrieve the current y position from
javascript during an ajax request.

I.E.

1) When the event is triggered
     getScrollPosition and save it to the page
     refresh the view.

View
2) onLoad - scrollTo - last saved position

I've seen some people use cookies but I don't think this is a robust
as storing on the page object.

Douglas