2009/10/12 Girts Ziemelis <girts.zieme...@gmail.com>

> Wicket version is 4.1
> Regarding encoding - I know - it is encoded in the properties file -strings
> I posted are once the strings are decoded to UTF-8 -for IDE (Netbeans, for
> example, does this automatically for *.properties files) and for the web
> site (in UTF-8).
> For example - ASCII escapes below - first letter \u00d0 is
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/00d0/index.htm
> which is not a letter from Cyrillic.
> My understanding is that all cyrilic charset letters are in unicode block
>  \u04xx
> http://czyborra.com/charsets/cyrillic.html
>
> Are you using BG translation which works correctly?

I'm using BG translations for my app, but not the Wicket default ones, and I
am using a mix of UTF-8 properties files and XML files. I just had a look
with wicket 1.4.2 and the BG translations are broken : I think something
went wrong with the native2ascii transformation.

If you look at the history of the Wicket BG translation file, it used to be
in UTF-8, but because Java properties does not hold UTF-8 it has been
encoded in ASCII. Now that Wicket 1.4.x can work with XML properties. I
think this file should be in XML, like RU file is today.