my favorite: declare @Transactional on the business beans itself (for example Customer.findOrders()) and let salve inject the dependencies and the transaction management logic.

  http://code.google.com/p/salve

:-)

Am 14.10.2009 um 20:10 schrieb James Carman:

I think you'd be happier if you went with @Transactional annotations
on your services.  It works out much better, IMHO.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Iain Reddick
<iain.redd...@beatsystems.com> wrote:
I'm considering it :)

There are a lot of benefits to doing transactions at service call level ("truthful" user feedback for one, not having to deal with requests for
resources hitting the transaction filter being another). Spring's AOP
support actually makes doing this as simple and maintainable as it's ever
likely to be (@Transactional annotations, or marking a whole class as
transactional), so if we decide it's necessary it is reasonably trivial to
implement.

The main pro for per-request transactions is the complete seperation of
transaction concerns.

In the meantime I have a Filter-based solution, or I can hook into the
wicket request cycle.

iainr

For now,
James Carman wrote:

That's the problem with transaction-per-request.  Why not put your
transaction around your service/domain methods rather than around the
entire request cycle?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Iain Reddick