On 20:59, Eelco Hillenius wrote:

It's probably a good idea to have a specialized implementation of
ISessionStore for App Engine that uses whatever makes sense with App
Engine for medium term storage ('cause that's what it is... short term
storage is the current page, which is typically local memory, and
older pages are used for the duration of the session, and typically
just keeping the last few in memory suffices.

I tried to get started with an implementation of ISessionStore for the app engine. However, I would rather opt for the Memcache Service [1] instead of the datastore due to performance and quota issues. The MemcacheService provided by GAE is in effect a JCache implementation.

Regarding a Memcache-based implementation, there rise the following questions for me (please take into account that I am rather a wicket-beginner):

1) Should the implementation be a specialization of ISessionStore or rather IPageStore? 1a) In case of ISessionStore, is it enough to implement the "MemcacheSessionStore" like the HTTPSessionStore, but instead of putting things into the HTTPSession, they will be put in the Memcache? 1b) In case of IPageStore, does it make sense to adopt some principles of the DiskPageStore (and basically switch the file-based saving to a cache-based saving)? 2) I digged a bit through the mailing list: Would an implementation such as 1a) affect the back/forward button behavior of the browser?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

andr

[1] http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/memcache/