Am Montag, den 26.10.2009, 10:24 +0200 schrieb Martin Makundi:
> > Hmm, maybe I'm missing something, but if you want to have EVALUATED once per
> > request, I think the following should be sufficient. (unless I'm missing
> > somtething)
>
> I want a generic centrally managed solution. I don't want to cache
> every model manually.

we are using this one:

http://www.wicket-praxis.de/blog/2009/01/03/modell-referenzen/

it's more like an model graph.. so you say

IModel<List<Something>> dataFromDB=new LoadableDetachedModel() ...
IModel<Integer> countModel=new
CascadingLoad..Model<Integer,List<Something>>(dataFromDB);
add(new Label("counter",countModel));

countModel.detach() is called from Label, and dataFromDB.detach() is
called fram countModel.

Because it's generic you can use it everywhere..

mm:)