Hi Pedro,

with your condition inside the renderer you've beaten me by originality ;).

But I doubt that the choice will be able to store the selected DTO in the entity's String property.

Sven

Pedro Santos wrote:
Hi Sven, he stell can write some specialized render... but I think the best
way is you have your depid property of type Department. Than all this thread
would not have started :)

class YourCustomRender
    {
        @Override
        public String getIdValue(Object object, int index)
        {
            if (object instanceof DTO)
            {
                return ((DTO)object).getDeptId()
            }
            else
            {
                return (String)object;//already is the depid string

        @Override
        public Object getDisplayValue(Object object)
        {
            if (object instanceof DTO)
            {
                return ((DTO)object).getDescription();
            }
            else
            {
                return contextData.getDTOBasedOnDepid(object);