take a look at Apache Shiro
http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/

I found it much easier to work with...

There is a basic example with:
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicketstuff-core/shiro-security/

I have it working with JDBC or ActiveDirectory, using LDAP should be straight forward...

On Nov 5, 2009, at 3:16 PM, Benjamin Pack wrote:

We’re working on an application that requires authentication against Active Directory and authorization based on Roles. I wanted to ask the community
what they would recommend for a out-of-the-box Wicket 1.4 plus LDAP
integration with the least amount of headaches (that will be our starting point). I’ve investigated SWARM and WASP along with Spring Security, but we have concerns that our final solution will need to be a little more dynamic
and scalable than what SWARM can currently support.  Anyone have any
thoughts, ideas or experiences in working with Wicket, Roles and LDAP?

Thanks,

Ben