I've set up in my SiteTemplate base class a call to set the content type
for the response, however it is not making it to the browser.  Any
ideas?  When I inspect the request headers and run the site validator
against my page the server content type is set to "text/html" even
though I've told it otherwise.  What am I missing here?  If it helps, it
is hosted in Tomcat 6.  I need the "Content-Type" HTTP response header
to return "application/xhtml+xml"

public class SiteTemplate extends WebPage {
//....
        public void onBeforeRender() {

super.getResponse().setContentType("application/xhtml+xml; utf-8");
                super.getResponse().setCharacterEncoding("utf-8");

                user = IMSSession.get().getUser();

                if (null == user && ! (this instanceof LoginPage)) {
                        this.redirectToInterceptPage(new
LoginPage(null));
                }

                if (get("content") == null) {
                        BookmarkablePageLink<String> homeLink = new
BookmarkablePageLink<String>("home",
IMSApplication.get().getHomePage());
                        homeLink.add(new ContextImage("logo",
"images/logo.png"));
                        add(homeLink);
                        add(newUserInfo("userinfo"));
                        add(newContentPanel("content"));
                        add(newUserPanel("userbar"));
                }

                super.onBeforeRender();
        }
// .... define the newUserInfo, newContentPanel, and newUserPanel
abstract methods