> It looks like JBoss portal support is incomplete... If I send you a
> minimalistic AJAX portlet which works in eXo, would you mind adapting
> it for
> JBoss (web.xml & portlet.xml) and try and see if it works? HTH!

We use Glassfish + Webspace/Liferay, but ended up using a mapping

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>alltopic</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/alltopic/*</url-pattern>
                <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
                <dispatcher>ERROR</dispatcher>
        </filter-mapping>

for the mappings. At least with this "complete" dispatcher set, Ajax works fine
in portlet context here.

- Tor Iver