I just love advocating wicket into large corporations... :)

"What are you going to do about the open bugs?" "And they say that
wicket's generics implementation is highly experimental, that doesn't
sound very trustworthy, does it?"

But eventually we succeed.

Articles like the following are very useful when negotiating:
*
http://www.indicthreads.com/news/435/wicket_java_framework_saves_programming_time.html
*
http://ptrthomas.wordpress.com/2009/01/14/seam-jsf-vs-wicket-performance-comparison/