Hi,

suppose you have menubar with ajaxfallbacklinks that you want to change
panels in the main area.

new AjaxFallbackLink("search") {

            @Override
                Panel np = new UserSearchPanel("moduleMain");
                moduleMain.replaceWith(np);
                moduleMain = np;
                target.addComponent(moduleMain);

Simple question - why do we need to use replaceWith? Would someone
please explain how the component hierarchy works, I thought that simply
assigning new object to referrence would suffice.

Thanks,

Marek

--
Marek Šabo