I have no idea... But if it doesn't you could look at how modal window JS
works and do something similar to create a veil that works also for IE6. I
know IE6 have problems with drop downs sticking over any div layer... and
the solution was to disable them... but do not  take my word for granted...

Best,

Ernesto