Hoi Martin,

we have a subclass of ComponentStringResourceLoader, overriding
#loadStringResource methods, which we then register in our application #init
method:
   getResourceSettings().addStringResourceLoader(new
YourStringResourceLoader());
and it works well for our needs.

Then you should decide if it's better to load all resources in advance (for
example, on Application #init) or if you want to get them on demand
(performance and memory considerations).
If you wait for calls for loadStringResource to get resources individually,
you will get lots of requests to the database, but then the results should
be cached by wicket, so the next user asking for the resource should have it
already there. On the other hand, you don't load all the stuff in advance.
We prefer for the moment to load all resources first, but we must still
analyze better if this is the best way.

GrĂ¼sse,

German