I am wrestling with the same Exception. I think I am doing something similar, in that I have a DataView with a link to a detail Page and then I return to the list page using setResponsePage(returnPage);

Different browsers react differently. On my Mac...
Chrome:  gives the Exception on first load of the page.
Safari: gives Exception after a few renderings of the Page.
Firefox: Cannot re-create the Exception.

What browser are you using?

In my instance it is a Link that "cannot be found"

item.add(new Link<Entry>("entryName", new Model<Entry>(entry)){

        @Override
        public void onClick() {
                setResponsePage(new OBOEntryViewPage(entry, getPage()));
        }

        @Override
protected void onComponentTagBody(MarkupStream markupStream, ComponentTag openTag) { replaceComponentTagBody(markupStream, openTag, getModelObject().getName());
        }

});