Hi

        I have a Page on which I am have to execute a long running task when
a form is submitted.  This is what I do

   1. I have a transient FutureTask member variable in the page
   2. On submit of the form i create a callable and instantiate
   the FutureTask
   3. I start the AbstractAjaxTimerBehaviour which keeps checking if
   the FutureTask is done before it can update a panel in the page with the
   result of the execution.
      - This works fine when I'm on the same page
      - Now if I submit the form and while the AbstractAjaxTimerBehaviour is
      still polling I open the same page *in a new tab* *within the same
      session* then the reference to the FutureTask in the first page
      (previous tab) becomes null.

I couldn't find any solution to this problem. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
-Lina