Thanks for that quick response, igor. I created now a very basic and (bad
,-) implementation of FileItemFactory, does not write to disk and doesn't
spawn threads.

With respect to using common-fileupload on GAE, I read about fileupload's
new Streaming API. However, I have currently no clue how to integrate it
with Wicket. Do you have any hints for that?

thanks,
andr