If there was a <div wicket:id="loggedState"> container in your HTML that
contained your loggedIn or loggedOut panel, then I imagine in your page code
you would have a WebMarkupContainer that you did a removeAll() on then added
the appropriate panel to it when building the page.

I imagine your loggedOut panel has a Username/Password field and a "Login"
button on it, so that'll post to the server at which point you could do that
work?

-R