What's the use case?  Session events won't always occur within the
context of a RequestCycle, say, expiry.

Even If the use case is related to a request something like this might
be cleaner:

YourPage

      if (getYourApp().getYourSession().isWhatever())
      {
      RequestCycle.get().setRedirect(true);
      RequestCycle.get().setResponsePage(SomePage.class);
      } else { ....

Ed.