Hello,
I have two applications, one a stand alone web app and one wicket based.
Currently they both use form authentication however I am trying to add NTLM
authentication for SSO from our windows intranet.

Leveraging jcifs, I've been able to do this pretty easily with the stand
alone web app. However I've been struggling over the last couple of days
with the wicket app.

I'll preface this with the caveat that I have only done some very simple
stuff with wicket to date.

The flow is that the user makes a request and the program flow is redirected
to LoginPage, and in turn to LoginPanel. In LoginPanel the first thing it
does is check if there is an authentication header, if not which is the
case, it sets the status to SC_UNAUTHORIZED and adds a header of
"WWW-Authenticate: NTLM". I then started with flushing the response and not
adding anything else.

In theory this response should tell the browser to resubmit the same request
with the authentication information. However, from our log files I can see
that the request second time around only has the Login in the request cycle,
compared to the startup page being in the request cycle initally.

After looking on the web I've tried various combinations including trying
continueToOriginalDestination in the onBeforeRender method.

One thing I've noticed is that it seems that setting the status and header
on the
((WebResponse)response).getHttpServletResponse() only takes effect when I do
not call flushBuffer() on it. This subseqently throws an exception in the
wicket processing because the response has already been closed.

I feel that I am so close - but can't quite get it right!

I was hoping to integrate this with minimal changes to the code but am
thinking that maybe I should start from scratch? I've found a few posts
online of similar situations but I haven't been able to put all the pieces
together yet.

Appreciate the help in getting this sorted out.

Thanks,
Bryan.

http://markmail.org/message/cjy4o4ndtigius55#query:+page:1+mid:t3foamferfh2twwj+state:results
http://old.nabble.com/Wicket-NTLM-Single-sign-on-integration-Question-td17868669.html