For FormComponentFeedbackBorder you'll have to change your hierarchy like
that :

HTML :
<input type="text" wicket:id="field">

Java :
form.add(new FormComponentFeedbackBorder("border").add(new
TextField("field")));

Why can't you use FormComponentFeedbackIndicator so you can add it on the
fly :

HTML :
<input type="text" wicket:id="field" />

Java :
RequiredTextField<Integer> field = new RequiredTextField<Integer>("field");
form.add(field);
final FormComponentFeedbackIndicator indicator = new
FormComponentFeedbackIndicator("indicator");
indicator.setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag(true);
indicator.setIndicatorFor(field);
form.add(indicator);

Regards,

Gabriel.