Did you get a resolution to this issue? I have the same problem.

        currently i am using this techniques to do the my stuff.But it
breaks when the user press return key.

              // save this so we can call it later
var wicketOnClick = ajaxSubmitLink.onclick;
ajaxSubmitLink.onclick = function() {
                         // do your stuff
 return wicketOnClick();
};

Is this expected behavior I wonder, or a bug?

> SubmitLink will call the <form>'s onsubmit='???' handler,
> AjaxSubmitLink does not.

AFAIK AjaxSubmitLink doesn't fire the submit event. Is serializes the form
data and then makes a post call. I guess this
 can't be fixed easily because wicket is using *inline event registration
model*.