But why should we add something that makes it easier for a programmer to
fall into a mistake that is not a recommended practice?  It just causes us
to have more traffic on this list with people needing help because they
messed something up.  We don't want to make it easier to mess up and
generate help requests.

Smaller interfaces are better.  "convenience" methods are not always better
(in fact, are generally not better).  If you want that convenience, create a
utility class.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com